Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Word Sort

Last week we were working on spelling long a. I was inspired by this pumpkin math activity that was shared on Math Monday. I made two pumpkins and cut them into a puzzle. One had short a words and one had long a words. I gave him a pail of pieces and a whole pumpkin that was blank to help him place the pieces. He started out by sorting the short a words and the long a words. Next he started placing the pieces on the puzzle. This is what they looked like when they were finished.




As I have been looking at all of the great activities, I stumbled upon Reading Confetti and she has a great candy corn word sort that you should check out.

I am sharing at:
It's Playtime!



2 comments:

Beth said...

VERY cute & clever. Love the idea!
I would love for you to link up http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
~Beth

Kim @ The Learning Hypothesis said...

Thanks Beth. I got it posted on the linky party. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...